From everyone at AthleteBiz, wishing Kind Butler and Maria Dalzot a very Happy Birthday!
- Event: 400 meters
- The Jump to Sprints: Kind suffered a torn knee injury his freshman year of college at Kentucky State University, due to which he lost his scholarship and place on the team. After being told that he would never run as fast or jump as high again, he transferred to Indiana University, and unable to jump, he switched to sprinting his junior year and went on to break every IU sprint record.
- That’s Not All: In 2014, Kind was part of the World Record setting 4x400m team at the World Indoor Championships
- For the Kids: Kind is a speed and agility coach for the Santa Monica Locos team (ages 8-17)
- Event: Trails & Mountains
- Solid Cred: In 2015, Maria took home the La Sportiva Mountain Cup, a “six-race trail running series that brings participants to some of the most challenging and scenic trails in North America.”
- Fueling Right: Maria is a Registered Dietitian, and writes a regular ‘Ask the Dietitian’ column for Train Running Magazine (click here for her latest entry: Getting Enough Salt and Vitamin D)
- Seriously Good Follow: Maria’s running takes her to some really cool, scenic places. Her Instagram is loaded with amazing images of her training and travels: Give her a follow at @mariadalzot