From all of us at AthleteBiz, wishing Erik Sowinski and Tyler Pennel a very Happy Birthday!
Get to know Erik:
- Event: 800 Meters
- Hardware: Erik was a 5-time All-American and the 2012 Indoor NCAA Champion while at the University of Iowa. Since then, he has brought home 2 USA Championships in the Indoor 800m (2013 & 2014), an American Record (600m), and a World Record (Indoor 4x800m)
- He Knows the Gear: Erik balances his training and competition scheduling with working part-time at Running Wild, an athletic apparel store
- But Why Male Models?: Erik graced the cover of Track & Field News after his 600m American Record. Get your autographed copy straight from the man himself!
Get to know Tyler:
- Event: Marathon
- Training Group: ZAP Fitness
- Some Solid Years: Tyler brought home the 2014 USA Marathon Championship, and in 2015, has had a great fall, with runner-up finishes at the 12k and 10 Mile USA Championships, and a victory at the Pittsburgh 10 Mile
- When Not Crushing the Miles: Tyler enjoys reading both historical fiction and non-fiction, and is a self-proclaimed history nerd